|New Sercos-Enabled Products at Hannover Fair 2014
Sercos International presented an engraving machine demo from Schneider Electric at its joint booth at the recent Hannover Fair. Visitors to the booth were invited to have their profile created.
The engraving machine from Schneider Electric shows how NC applications can be implemented with a standard motion controller from the Modicon series and the Sercos automation bus. The new Modicon LMC078 combines motion control functionality for up to 16 servo axes on a single controller platform with a powerful PLC that can process a PLC instruction in 2 nanoseconds.
- Bosch Rexroth introduced its new SERCANS Sercos master module with the slogan "one cable instead of three,“ as this is one of the first products for the common Sercos III and EtherNet/IP infrastructure.
- Automata presented the new SMC3 stepper motor controller, which is ideal for cost-effective implementation of positioning functions.
- Metronix showed a new range of servo motor drives, 'blueServo‘, that combines a universal real-time Ethernet capability with safe torque off functionality, supporting a large number of encoder interfaces.
- Servotronix displayed the LVD Sercos III, a compact, high-power, intelligent servo drive for low voltage (15-48 Vdc) servo motion applications.
- Vision & Control presented its pictor® and vicosys® camera systems, plus a demo that showed a high performance Sercos-driven camera in action.
- Bihl+Wiedemann presented AS-i systems which perfectly complement industrial Ethernet systems for transmission of process data and safety data.
Read more on these and other topics »
New Sercos Website
Sercos International has a newly redesigned, user friendly and informative website. Check it out at http://www.sercos.org/.
Several new literature items are available:
Recordings of 5 recent Sercos Webinars are available on the new website. These include 3 webinars on "Sercos in Practice," a webinar entitled "How machine engineers and users benefit from a common Sercos III and EtherNet/IP infrastructure," and a webinar on "CIP Safety on Sercos and EtherNet/IP."
Sercos Events in May
Visit Sercos at the 13th PlugFest in Stuttgart, Germany, at the Industrial Automation Fair in Beijing, China, at SPS IPC Drives in Parma, Italy or in Switzerland during the swissTmeeting.
Read more »
More New Sercos Products
A number of companies have recently published news of their Sercos-enabled products. They include:
- Festo -- CPX Automation platform from Festo helps achieve the goal of integrated industry. Read more »
- Innovasic -- RapID Platform Network Interface with the Real-time Ethernet, Multi-protocol (REM) Switch. Read more »
- JVL -- 12-48 VDC 400W Integrated Servo Motor. Read more »
- Phoenix -- Robust media converters for power distribution. Read more »
- SMiTech -- COSMOS 3150 High-performance digital servodrive. Read more »
- Laumas Elettronica -- TLB Sercos III Weight Transmitter. Read more »
Sercos Resources Available
News Items are Posted Weekly on:
Facebook -- Like us on Facebook to get automatic notification of page updates and join in discussions.
LinkedIn --We invite you to search for Sercos under Groups and join.
You can view a series of informative webinars on the Sercos Automation Bus.
View the Webinars Now!
Sercos News is an informative publication issued twice a year. It provides the latest information and applications articles on Sercos. Click here to find the latest issue and a number of back issues.